Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Comeback (with a desk!)

I’m finally writing again, woho! I hope you’ve missed me. We still haven’t got our broadband, but a wireless substitute for the time being. It works ok so I should be good to go now. You can’t imagine how frustrating it is not to have a steady reliable internet when you’re used to it. It’s good to know I can cope without it though! It has even been quite nice with lots of reading and fiddling around with materials instead. There was even knitting mentioned in one of the novels I read! Can you believe it?! Knitting... well the book is called Our tragic universe and is written by Scarlett Thomas. I highly recommend her books in general; they are amusing stories about interesting intellectual people (and not in a bad way) trying to sort their messes out. I just love how you get captivated and want to know what happens next. Anyway, the main character in Our tragic universe learns to knit one Christmas and she’s kind of hooked after that wanting to learn how to knit socks. Well you’ll just have to read the book to find out whether she does or not. (Libraries are a brilliant thing, use them!)

When I haven’t been reading I’ve put IKEA flat packs together. In our relationship I’m the handyman so to speak and I kind of enjoy flat packs strangely so no complaints here. It’s like a big puzzle with an instruction, love it. So I now actually have a desk! I’m ridiculously excited about this and have been franticly using my sketchbook for the last week painting, drawing and putting ideas down on paper. I’ve made some felt brooches and some birthday presents for James too together with all the rest of my constant creative messes. I just have to get myself together for a big photo shot now...

No comments: