Monday, 23 January 2012

Da-dam-ta-da!

For December this year James made me an advent calendar. He filled it up with chocolate, watercolour paint, silly things in fimo clay and very cheesy love notes. Little did I know that this was part of a grand scheme of his lulling me carefully into the comfy chocolate, paint and cheesy love notes sort of expectations. However, one morning there were Fimo clay rings in the calendar. Very funny I thought since proposals have been a silly joke between us for years now. Well, it was not a joke which the bright green note happily told me. I now have a proper ring, well kind of; it is being resized after falling off my finger while typing on my keyboard. (Thankfully not anywhere else!) We have a wedding date this summer in July (well what is there to engaged without a wedding plan?) and I got a beautiful vintage dress pattern for my wedding dress (well of course, as those who know my taste in dresses would say). So simply, I’m getting married and I couldn’t imagine all the little decisions that have to be made over, honestly, quite silly things. It is a good deal of fun too of course. Still, tying 52 tiny bows, handwriting the same amount of handmade tags and punching out an unimaginable number of small paper hearts is not the first thing you think of doing for your wedding... or do you? The pile is now done, mission complete, and oh boy how wonderful it feels! So now you know what I’ve been up to the last week!

1 comment:

The Dotty One said...

Yay - you got them all done! Well done!