The sketches that I showed you in my last post are now transferred to some wool fabric. I’ve even had the time to start stitching. However beautiful and colourful this type of embroidery is, it is also very time consuming and will probably take me a while to finish. I promise I’ll try and remember to snap some WIP pictures to show you though.
Meantime, here are some pictures of how I went about putting my design together and how it looked like before I started stitching. Traditionally paper templates were used to place flowers and leaves on the fabric and this is the first time I try it properly myself. I have to say it is rather practical!