Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Dala-Floda inspired embroidery and rambling




Oh, I meant to post about this last week! However, we had guests staying and both of them were not feeling well after their first day here. In fact we had a bit of a serious encounter with the NHS one very late night and the whole left me and James rather winded for a few days. In any case being what I am, an allergic asthmatic and a magnet for cold bugs I’ve spent the last five days dating the virus they kindly left behind. I can see the end of the tunnel now and are definitely on the mend... but oh so boring it is to have a fever! And oh so boring it is not to have energy enough to even do something like a back stitch! I haven’t been able to do anything for more than a week now and I’m getting restless! I got a great idea for a skirt for me and I’m planning to make some cool kiddo adapted wheat bags. I’ll definitely be posting about them soon. On my goal list for February I’ve also written that I’d update my etsy shop... well, another thing for March it is! I could do with someone kicking me up the backside about that... Well, well.

Here’s how the wool embroidery inspired by the Swedish “påsöm” from Dala-Floda turned out. I’m thinking I could add some more green bits and bobs but at the same time I’m not too sure about it. We’ll see what happens. Here they are anyway. Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

The Dotty One said...

Your embroidery looks amazing! Sorry to hear you've been so ill - hope you are feeling better now and hopefully see you tomorrow x